Fatal House Fire in Windsor, N.Y.
The Broome County Bureau of Fire Investigation cites an overloaded power strip as the cause of a fatal fire early Monday morning at the Pleasant Valley trailer Park in the town of Windsor. An autopsy of 53 year old Frances White found that she died in her mobile home from carbon monoxide poisoning. Another resident, 71 year old Pearly Clapper was able to escape the fire. He was taken to Wilson hospital for evaluation. Broome County Fire investigators were assisted by the Broome County Sheriffs Office and the Windsor and West Windsor Fire Departments.