13 Businesses Checked For Underage Sales; All Pass!
The New York State Police frequently keep an eye on the local businesses that sell alcohol. They are always making sure that all alcohol sale rules and laws are abided by. We report on these underage initiatives all the time. The results usually show pretty good compliance from the random area stores that are checked in the tri-county listening area. But there are usually a few stores that let an underage sale slip by. The most recent one, however, was different. It scored a 100% in compliance!
New York State Police conducted an Underage Drinking Initiative in Otsego and Delaware Counties on May 29. Retail establishments are checked utilizing a trooper in plain clothes and one or several underaged operatives who cannot lie about their age or give a fake date of birth if asked. When asked for ID, they must show their real ID.
Thirteen establishments were checked and all 13 were found to be in compliance.
The businesses checked cover the whole spectrum of stores, from big to small, and in all communities in Otsego, Delaware and Chenango counties. Here are the 13 stores that were checked in the most recent initiative.
- Mirabito Quickway, Oneida Street, Oneonta
- Liquor Depot, State Route 28, Oneonta
- Mirabito Quickway, County Road 11A, Laurens
- Mirabito Quickway, State Route 205, Hartwick
- Mirabito Quickway, State Route 28 Colliersville
- Apple Food & Grocery, State Route 28 Milford, NY
- Mirabito Quickway, County Road 48, Otego
- Betty Beavers Fuel Stop, County Road 48, Otego
- Mirabito Quickway, Main Street, Unadilla
- Red Apple Kwik Fill, Main Street, Unadilla
- Speedway, State Routes 7 & 8, Unadilla
- Mirabito Quickway, State Route 23, Davenport
- Mirabito Quickway, State Route 23,West Davenport
These underage checks are important tools for the New York State Police in their effort to keep our streets safe from DWI drivers. It is heartening to see that, as the word gets out about these exercises, more and more businesses stress upon their employees that this is the law. Congratulations to all 13 stores who were found to be in compliance this time around!
The Cast of 'Friends': Then & Now