Oneonta Welcome Center Grand Opening & Fabulous Friday
The board of Destination Oneonta is inviting all to to the Grand Opening and Ribbon Cutting of the new Oneonta Welcome Center at 2 Dietz Street in Downtown Oneonta on Friday, May 1st from 5pm to 8pm. Dietz Street will be closed from Main Street to the Crystal Palace.
This grand opening is part of the season's first Fabulous Friday event, sponsored by Destination Oneonta to celebrate arts and culture in Downtown Oneonta. Remember that Fabulous Friday is a family-friendly FREE event. Check out the evening's events between 5pm and 8pm this Friday:
- 5:00 to 5.30pm: Hooked on Tonics accapella group from SUNY Oneonta performs by the Welcome Center.
- 5.30pm: ribbon cutting at the Welcome Center (2 Dietz St)
- 5.30 to 7:30pm: Country Express is playing down by the Crystal Palace.
- 5:30 to 7:30pm: Northern Eagle Beverages will provide a tasting session (must be 21 yrs old).
- 5:30pm to ? : Barbeque dinner on Dietz St (while supplies last) with Brooks BBQ
- Dessert available at the GOHS cake walk, and at the businesses listed on the rack cards.
- Celebrate the 4th anniversary of the opening of the Crystal Palace. Stop by and celebrate with them.
- 5:30 to 7:30pm: Country Express (country music) will be playing in front of the Crystal Palace. Bring a lawn chair and enjoy.
Participating venues in the May 1st Fabulous Friday are: Destination Oneonta Welcome Center (2 Dietz St.), CANO (Ford Ave.), Green Toad Bookstore (Main St.), Artisan's Guild (Main St.), Oneonta History Center (Main St.), Theresa's Emporium (Main St.), Liberty Tree Chocolates (Main St.), Main Street Market and Creamery (Main St.), Dietz & Wall Wines (Dietz St.), OWL Nest (Main St.). Each venue will have a "dessert" for you to enjoy.