National Grid Snowstorm Safety Tips
National Grid will be out in full force to help with power outages and line service. Here are some tips that can keep you safe during this winter storm. According to News 10 ABC, National Grid wants to ensure that their customers are safe during the snowstorm hitting our area.
Here are some safety tips from National Grid to keep you and your family safe.
- Never touch downed power lines and always assume they are carrying live electricity. You can report them to National Grid or by calling 911.
- Generators must be used outdoors for ventilation to prevent a buildup of carbon monoxide.
- If you depend on electrically powered life support for equipment, you should register with National Grid as a life support customer.
- Keep working flashlights and extra batteries handy. Plus make sure you charge all of your electronics fully.
- Be sure to check on elderly family members, neighbors and others who may need assistance during an outage.
If you need real-time power outage information or need to report an outage you can visit National Grid's Outage Central HERE.