Information Notices About Delaware County State of Emergency
In response to the Coronavirus Disease (COVID-19) the Delaware County Board of Supervisors Chairman has declared a State of Emergency and the Delaware County Emergency Services Director, Steve Hood, has activated the Emergency Operations Center. In a special meeting of the Delaware County Board of Supervisors on March 16, 2020 the board directed county staff to initiate measures of social distancing in accordance with directives from New York State.
Under the current State of Emergency, Delaware County staff has been ordered to limit the operations of county offices to mission essential functions. This includes limiting staff in the office and reducing the county operations to meet only the immediate needs of Delaware County residents. These measures are being taken to reduce exposure of the disease to both the public and all county employees.
As of 12:01 March 18, 2020 Delaware County offices will limit public access to county facilities and several county offices will be closed until further notice. See the full listing by department below.
Board of Supervisors and Clerk of the Board
Offices will remain open with limited staff. Any person wishing to reach the board office should call (607) 832-5110 to make an appointment.
Delaware County Attorney’s Office
Offices will remain open with limited staff. Any person wishing to reach the attorney’s office should call (607) 832-5333 to make an appointment.
Delaware County Board of Elections
Offices will remain open with limited staff but will be closed to the public. Any person wishing to reach the board of elections office should call (607) 832-5321.
Delaware County Clerk/Department of Motor Vehicles
The Delaware County Clerk’s office will remain open on Tuesdays and Thursdays from 8:30 AM to 4:30 PM. To reduce traffic in the office people can go to the County Clerk website www.co.delaware.ny.us/departments/clerk, to get instructions about how to e-record, e-file and mail any necessary documents. Any person needing assistance or require passport services must make an appointment during the posted hours at (607) 832-5700.
The Delaware County Pistol Permit Clerk will be closed until further notice.
Department of Motor Vehicles
Effective 12:01 March 18, 2020 the Deposit, Margaretville and Sidney Department of Motor Vehicle Offices will be closed until further notice.
The Delhi Department of Motor Vehicles Office will be open by appointment only to Delaware County residents Monday and Thursday 9:00 AM to 4:45 PM until further notice.
Delaware County Code Enforcement Office
Offices will remain open. Any person wishing to reach the code office should call (607) 832-5522 to make an appointment.
Delaware County Department of Public Works
Effective 12:01 March 18, 2020 the Department of Public Works is going to be operating on a minimal crew for at least the next two weeks. This includes all road crews, unless there is an immediate need or emergency such as snow removal, downed trees or other road obstructions. If you have an emergency at any time you should call the Sheriff’s office at (607) 832-5555.
The Delaware County Solid Waste Management Center will remain open. At this time, we would strongly encourage the public to stay home, if at all possible, to limit our exposure to the public. Please contact DPW via phone (607) 832-5800 or email firstname.lastname@example.org with questions regarding services.
Delaware County District Attorney
Offices will remain open with limited staff. Any person wishing to reach the district attorney’s office should call (607) 832-5299 to make an appointment.
Delaware County Economic Development
Offices will remain open with limited staff. Any person wishing to reach the economic development office should call (607) 832-5123 to make an appointment.
Delaware County Emergency Services
The Emergency Services office and 911 Center will remain open and fully operational.
Delaware County Employment and Training Offices
All employment and training offices will be closed until further notice.
Delaware County Information Technology Office
Offices will remain open in support of county functions. Office will be closed to the public.
Delaware County Mental Health Offices
Offices will be open to provide services for clients and residents in need. Some services and programs will be altered to comply with the most current social distancing guidance provided by New York State. Please call (607) 832-5888 to inquire about services and to make appointments.
Delaware County Office for the Aging
Offices will remain open and will continue to provide services and advocacy for the senior population. A listing of services and changes are listed below.
1) Congregate Meals – All congregate dining centers have been closed down effective Monday, 3/16/20. We are offering home delivered meals to anyone over the age of 60 that wishes to receive the meal.
2) Bus Transportation – The Delaware County Senior Transportation system has been closed down effective Monday, 3/16/20.
3) Medical Transportation – We will continue using volunteer drivers for those that really need to be transported. We are encouraging seniors that can postpone appointments to do so as a measure to reduce exposure to the coronavirus.
4) In office visits – We will continue to allow clients to come into the office as long as they are not presenting any virus symptoms. The HIICAP insurance program will try to do as much work over the phone as possible. Workers will call clients for scheduled appointments the night before or the morning of a client’s scheduled appointment to confirm that they are symptom free before their arrival in the office.
5) Home visits – We are trying to limit exposure and are working with New York State to determine if we can do required assessments over the telephone during this time.
6) Caregiver Services – We will send a letter to caregivers to explain the situation, asking them if they’d prefer that a volunteer does not come to their home until this has passed. If they want to continue service, we will try to find a volunteer who is still willing to provide the service.
7) Link to Life – New applications are currently done over the phone. Units will be installed on an emergency basis only by OFA staff.
8) Tai Chi – No new classes will be scheduled at this time and, one current class will have the final few weeks postponed.
9) Tax Preparation – AARP has shut down their tax assistance program effective immediately.
10) If we learn of any of our clients are in quarantine at home, we will make regular contact with the client via phone to check on them on a daily basis.
For any assistance please contact the Office for the Aging at (607) 832-5750.
Delaware County Personnel
The Delaware County Personnel Office will continue regular business hours Monday- Friday 9am - 5pm. Please call first to make an appointment at (607) 832-5678, as a lot of business can be taken care over the phone or via email.
Delaware County Planning and Watershed Affairs
Offices will be closed until further notice. We encourage any person requiring assistance to call (607) 832-5444 or email email@example.com
Delaware County Probation
The Delaware County Probation Department will be operating standard office hours Monday through Friday from 9:00 AM until 5:00 PM.
Delaware County Public Defender’s Office
Offices will remain open with limited staff. Offices will be manned on a rotating schedule. The first day of rotation will be from 8:00 AM to 5:00 PM and 9:00 AM to 5:00 PM on the second day of rotation. Please call for appointments and information at (607) 832-5188.
Delaware County Public Health
Offices will remain open, limiting staff to comply with New York State guidance on social distancing. Information regarding the Coronavirus disease can be viewed on the Public Health website www.delawarecountypublichealth.com. Staff will be working to provide the most up to date information as it is provided to us. For assistance please call at (607) 832-5200.
Delaware County Real Property Tax Service
Offices will be closed until further notice. For assistance please call (607) 832-5130.
Delaware County Sheriff Office
The Sheriff’s office will remain open and fully operational.
Delaware County Social Services
The Social Services offices will remain open and will continue all services. At this time, we are encouraging residents to call (607) 832-5300 for assistance in advance of visiting the office.
Delaware County Veterans Affairs
Offices will remain open with limited staff. We encourage any veteran in need of assistance to call (607) 832-5345 to make an appointment.