Construction To Begin on New Oneonta Building; Large Part of Dietz Parking Closed
Beginning next week a significant portion of the Dietz St. parking lot in Oneonta will be fenced off for construction activities as part of a Downtown Revitalization Initiative (DRI) . The city sold part of the lot to a developer constructing a 4-story, mixed-use building called Lofts on Dietz (artist rendering below).
Enter your number to get our free mobile app
During construction more than 100 parking spaces will remain available in the northern section of the Dietz Street Lot. In addition to on-street parking, area residents can park off-street in the municipal parking garage and in the Wall St. and Westcott lots.
The DRI includes:
- The DRI Downtown Improvement Fund
- DRI Branding, Marketing & Downtown Wayfinding Program.
- New Transit Hub & Parking Garage Renovation.
- Market Street Streetscape, Water Street Boardwalk, and Muller Plaza Passage.
- Artspace Preliminary Feasibility Report.
- Oneonta Theatre Feasibility Study and Business Plan Development.