Chenango Hospice Honors Local ‘Hospice Heroes’ at Annual dinner
More than 200 turned out for the Chenango County Hospice dinner Thursday at the Canasawacta County Club in Norwich.
The dinner honored Hospice volunteers, nurses and staff for their devotion and dedication to the job of taking care of patients at life's end and to help families through the grieving process.
The highlight of the evening was the presentation of the year's "Hospice Heroes" to community members who helped Hospice become the success it is today.
- American Legion Post 189 in Norwich for its rolein providing veterans with all Hospice services
- Price Chopper Pharmacist Al Austin, who made it easier for Hospice to get its prescriptions filled locally.
- Townsquare Media News Director Jim Sargent for his efforts to publicize Hospice events and increase awareness of Hospice services.
- Hospice volunteer Nancy Snell, who spoke of her dedication to her patients
- A Hospice family who spoke about how Hospice helped them handle the death of a family member.