American Red Cross Unveils New Hero Care Mobile App
This week, the American Red Cross unveiled the new Hero Care mobile application.
This free app is designed to help members of the military, veterans and their families identify and access both emergency and non-emergency Red Cross services from anywhere in the world.
Some key features of the app include abilities to:
· Request Red Cross emergency services including an emergency message or assistance with emergency travel or emergency financial aid.
· Securely and easily access information about a service member in the case of an emergency, including updated information as they move or change duty assignments.
· Access non-emergency Red Cross behavioral health assistance, including financial assistance and free local workshops for military children and spouses.
· Find local resources and information provided by trusted community partners like Tragedy Assistance Program for Survivors (TAPS), Blue Star Families, Military Child Education Coalition, United Way, Goodwill, Easter Seals, and others.
· Locate information on key government resources such as MilitaryOneSource, VA Benefits and Services, Department of Labor VETS, the VA Caregiver Support Program, and SAMSHA Community Health Support Services.
Content in the Hero Care App is available in both English and Spanish, and the call center is staffed 24/7 with multi-lingual translation services.
The Hero Care App is available to download for free in app stores, by texting ‘GETHEROCARE’ to 90999 or by clicking on the following link from a mobile device: http://3cu.be/sharehc.