Update On Local Halloween Fun
Spooky fun is almost here with lots of local Halloween happenings on the way. You have a many different options for Halloween themed activities in our local area from now to October 31st.
- Plains At Parish Homestead Trick or Treat event: Friday, October 30, 3:30-5:30 p.m. Community members will pass out candy. Come show off your costumes. The Plains at Parish Homestead, 163 Heritage Circle, Oneonta. Info, (607) 267-4013, heritagetheplains.com
- Oneonta YMCA Teen Halloween Costume Dance Party: Oct. 30th from 7pm to 10pm at the Oneonta Teen Center (4 Academy St.). Event includes dance party, candy and a costume contest. This is for teens 7th - 12th grade. Cost is $3 for OTC members or $4 for general public.
- SUNY Oneonta Halloween events: families are invited to enjoy a Halloween Carnival in the Hunt Union on Friday, Oct. 30th from 5pm to 6pm and then guided trick or treating in the residence halls on campus will take place from 6pm to 8pm. For more information call the Office of Residential Community Life at (607) 436-2514.
- Hyde Hall (Cooperstown): GHOST HUNTERS — Oct. 29, 30, 6, 6:30, 7, and 7:30 p.m. Hyde Hall Ghost Hunters Tours. $20 per person. Hyde Hall Historic Site, Rte. 31 to Glimmerglass State Park entrance. Info, www.hydehall.org
- Friday and Saturday night (Oct. 30, 31) the Oneonta Theatre will be hosting Punk Freak N Funk Halloween Party where the Sublime cover band, Bad Fish will be headlining Friday Night and Kung Fu Saturday night. On Saturday.
- COOP LOOP 5K & 10k Race – Oct. 31st. Registration 9:30-10:30 a.m.; 11 a.m. race. Run or walk in your Halloween costume for a chance to win prizes for scariest, funniest, best group, most creative, and best overall costume. Register online at www.itsyourrace.com or in person at The Clark Sports enter, 124 Co. Hwy. 52, Cooperstown. Info, (607) 547-2800, www.clarksportcenter.com.
- Cooperstown Halloween Parade — Oct. 31st, 5 p.m. Meet at Cooper Park, for a costume parade down Main Street. CCS High School Band will lead the parade, ending at Chamber of Commerce. Cider and treats at parade’s end from Fly Creek Cider Mill and Leatherstocking Credit Union. Free admission to Baseball HOF & trick-or-treat for costumed kids, starting at 3 p.m. Afternoon trick or treating at participating businesses. Main St., Cooperstown.
- Destination Oneonta welcomes young trick or treater to participating Downtown Oneonta businesses from 3pm to 5pm on Oct. 31st.
- TechNoir in Downtown Oneonta will also be hosting their 2nd annual Halloween party from 7pm to midnight on Oct. 31st where there will be a Wes Craven themed costume contest plus some other spooky games. Minors must be accompanied by an adult.
- On Oct. 30th and 31st Body By Stacy will be having a haunted house from 7pm- 11pm, and if you arrive early on Friday you'll catch a performance by The Thunderheads and some refreshments.
- Cooperstown is having a Pumpkin Glow on Friday, Oct. 30th. Also, as always the Oneonta Halloween parade is on October 31st at 7pm.
- The Oneonta Halloween Parade is sponsored by the Oneonta Lions Club and begins at 7pm on Oct. 31st. Community Members are asked to bring out a non-perishable food item(s) to be donated to OFO and the Salvation Army Food Pantry. Place items in grocery carts pushed by volunteers in the parade.