Ten Sites in New York Open for Children’s COVID-19 Vaccine
COVID-19 vaccination sites are now open statewide for children ages 5 through 11. There are now ten sites offering the Pfizer-BioNTech COVID-19 vaccine for children. This vaccine is endorsed by the New York State Clinical Advisory Task Force in keeping with the recommendation from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention. As of this posting the Pfizer-BioNTech COVID-19 vaccine is the only one recommended for children in this age group.
New York Governor Kathy Hochul says that 50,000 children between the ages of 5 and 11 have received the first dose of the vaccine. This state sites are intended to complement vaccines available to clinics, pharmacies, pediatric offices, and health departments throughout the state.
In a written release Gov. Hochul said, “Since this 5 to 11 year-old age group became eligible, we have been encouraging parents to reach out to their pediatricians and local health providers to set up vaccine appointments and now I'm directing our state mass vaccination sites to open their doors to the youngest and most recently eligible New Yorkers."
The following sites will administer COVID-19 vaccinations to eligible children:
- The Great New York State Fair - Art and Home Center, Syracuse
- SUNY Old Westbury: Clark Athletic Center, Glen Head
- Crossgates Mall (former Lord & Taylor store, Upper Level), Albany
- Aqueduct Racetrack, South Ozone Park
- Rochester Educational Opportunity Center, Rochester
- Medgar Evers College, Brooklyn
- Bay Eden Senior Center, Bronx
- New York National Guard Armory, Yonkers
- SUNY Stony Brook, Stony Brook
- University at Buffalo Sough Campus, Buffalo
Appointments for these sites can be made by visiting: https://covid19vaccine.health.ny.gov/.
The State has set up a website for frequently asked questions about the COVID-19 vaccine for children. More information is available at: ny.gov/VaxForKids.