Oneonta Friendly’s Spared from Closure, Others in Region Not So Fortunate
The Oneonta Friendly's at 377 Main St. has avoided the company's hatchet and will remain open. Several other restaurants in the region, however, were not spared as Friendly's Ice Cream, LLC., moves to emerge from Chapter 11 bankruptcy.
The Oneonta location is part of a group of 35 in the state that have been acquired by Friendly's Ice Cream, LLC., and deemed "profitable" by the company.
Those shutting their doors include the following, each of which employs around 20 staff members:
- 145 W. State Rte. 281, Cortland
- 501 E. Genesee Street, Fayetteville
- 323-325 Elmira Road, Ithaca
- 87 Oakdale Mall, Johnson City
- 7560 Oswego Road, Liverpool
- 109 Genesee Street, Oneida
- 1700 N. James Street, Rome
- 3604 Vestal Parkway, Vestal