
Attempted Murder: Binghamton Teen Charged in North Side Shooting
Authorities say a 16-year-old boy faces attempted murder and weapon charges in connection with an Easter weekend shooting in Binghamton.
According to a police department news release, the youth has been identified as one of the suspects involved in the incident that occurred on Doubleday Street on April 4 around 2:45 p.m.
Detectives said "multiple suspects" fired handguns at a passing vehicle occupied by some men. The shooters fled on foot.
Investigators said the boy who has been arrested was taken into custody Wendesday on the city's South Side. His name has not been made public.
The teenager has been charged with four counts of attempted murder. He also faces charged of criminal use of a firearm, criminal possession of a firearm and reckless endangerment.
The 16-year-old suspect was arraigned in Broome County Court and sent to a juvenile detention center in Syracuse.
The investigation into last month's shooting is ongoing. People with information may contact the Binghamton police detective bureau at 607-772-7080.
WNBF NEWS VIDEOS: Binghamton police investigate Doubleday Street shooting on April 4, 2026.
SEEKING A SUSPECT: Police swarmed the North Side neighborhood after the shooting incident on April 4, 2026.

Contact WNBF News reporter Bob Joseph: bob@wnbf.com or call (607) 545-2250. For breaking news and updates on developing stories, follow @bobjoseph.bsky.social on Bluesky or @BinghamtonNow on Twitter.
LOOK: 50 highest-paying jobs in America
Gallery Credit: Aine Givens, Ali Hickerson, Seth Berkman
Summer Vacation in the '70s and '80s: These Nostalgic Photos Say It All
Gallery Credit: Stephen Lenz
WATCH: 7 'Carol Burnett Show' Characters Who Still Make Us Laugh
Gallery Credit: Stephen Lenz
