Dangerous Chemicals Force Evacuation At Hancock Senior Housing
The Hancock Fire Department evacuated a senior housing building Sunday after a resident accidentally released a potentially hazardous chemical. A fire alarm went off at Read Memorial Senior Housing just before 1:00 p.m. and fire fighters evacuated the residents to the Hancock Central High School while they investigated and stabilized the situation. Residents were back in the building by 6:00 p.m. No residents or emergency responders were injured. The department emphasized that this was an accident and not the results of a illegal drug operation.