A section of the Chenango Canal is nominated for inclusion in the National Register of Historic Places. The canal section along with its towpath and Lock 106 also known as Walker’s Lock is the remaining part of the canal that once connected the Erie Canal at Utica with the Susquehanna River in Binghamton. It was shut down in 1878 because of competion from railroads. A total of 18 nominations were made by the State Historic Preservation Board.