CFSCNY Awards $65,692 in Otsego COVID-19 Relief Grants
The Community Foundation for South Central New York has released $65,692 in grants to organizations in Otsego County providing essential services to the individuals and communities they serve during the ongoing COVID-19 crisis.
· Otsego County Department of Health - $5,000 for a public awareness campaign on social distancing
· ONC-BOCES - $7,292 for materials to 3-D print Personal Protective Equipment for local healthcare providers
· Helios Care - Oneonta - $10,000 for Personal Protective Equipment for hospice staff
· Catskill Center for Independence - $8,000 for their meal and prescription delivery program to community members with disabilities
· Friends of Recovery Delaware/Otsego $5,000 for basic needs of clients that are homeless/have substance use disorders
· Opportunities for Otsego $15,000 for their community response to COVID-19
· Second Baptist Church in Edmeston- $10,000 for community cupboard food program
· Catholic Charities of Delaware/Otsego- $10,000 for direct assistance for basic needs
· United Way of Delaware/Otsego - $5,400 for administrative support
“We have funded projects, programs, and organizations in Otsego County since 2008, and as the COVID-19 pandemic continues, community non-profits and the people they serve are struggling day-by-day. Our community member review panel is meeting weekly to review applications to our emergency fund so we can support as many essential needs as possible.” To apply for funding, Otsego community organizations should go to www.donorswhocare.org and click on the “non-profits apply here” link on the home page.” said Diane Brown, Executive Director.
The Community Foundation for South Central New York, a nonprofit organization founded in 1997 and headquartered in Johnson City, encourages and facilitates personal and institutional philanthropy throughout the region by managing 126 funds within the Foundation’s endowment that are established by donors to achieve specific charitable goals. From these funds, the Foundation has awarded over $17 million in grants to the area’s nonprofits to help address community concerns and improve the quality of life in the region. The Community Foundation serves donors and nonprofits in five New York counties: Broome, Chenango, Delaware, Otsego and Tioga. More information about the Foundation can be found on its website at www.donorswhocare.or